I started making a list of things I wanted to see others and myself STOP doing this year. I also started this post back in JANUARY and it is now April. It wasn’t feeling right so I stalled, came back to it and stalled some more and I have hmm’d and hawed because I feel like it can be taken in two ways; that I’m whining vs sharing a comic relief. My goal is the latter. I don’t whine, a lot anyway.
New Year means a new you, me, us, a happier world.
There are little things, big things, minuscule things. Things that may seem silly to others, but drive me and others a little bat s$*@ crazy.
I asked around with family and friends for ideas and thoughts and came up with a list of stuff. Some of it really good, all the way down to the most trivial.
Below is an article I found talking about a few good ones!
Things to STOP doing in 2018
And below are some of the ones I collaborated with friends and family on.
1. Saying “no” and not feeling bad about it.
2. Counting “likes” on all social media page -when did living become a popularity contest?
3. Novel Posts: There is a new phase out there of fitness programs and motivational coaches – it’s like they mated when the world wasn’t watching and their posts are either a fabulous and brilliant MEME that I will share on my page OR a dissertation that is 10 miles long. For those of you dieting and making your health a priority – I salute you AND will be one of your biggest fans – please note however if your posts are longer than a sentence or two, I am not really “reading them” – just saying.
4. Selfie’s – Please stop updating these every day – no one cares.
5. Fish lips in all your pictures – see #6
6. Gossip – STOP.IT.PLEASE!
7. Over use of the exclamation point. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( I am really, really guilty of this one)
8. Using BIG words – i.e, Dichotomy– or perfidy or Bawdy especially if you can’t use them correctly. You already come off looking like jerk – using them incorrectly just makes you look like stupid jerk. I love a creative vocabulary but really when we get down to it, just speak in a language most understand.
9. Oversharing – Just because we have a million social media outlets in today’s world does NOT mean the world needs to know what you are doing every second of the day.
10. Denying yourself happiness – it’s a choice in which ONLY you can make.
11. Blaming others for your unhappiness. – See #10.
12. Neglecting the simple act of saying “Thank You” – when did this did go away?
13. Living in your imaginary bubbles – the world isn’t made just for you. You must figure out a way to co-exist with everyone AND play nice while doing so.
14. Judging others – none of us have the right, the only person we have the right to judge is ourselves.
15. Political push – We all have a side and we all should respect the words of those that differ from our own.
16. Bullying – we talk so much about how there’s a zero tolerance for bullying as kids, but as adults – we seem to think we are exempt, why is that?
17. Caring what others think – you define your happiness, not them.
18. Walking with your head down looking at your phone. Seriously, it’s not safe for anyone and it’s ANNOYING that I have to stop walking in the hall, sidewalk or aisle of the grocery store in order to avoid an collision with you because you AREN’T paying attention.
19. Emoticons 🙂 acronyms like “lol” and the overuse of the word “like” (another one I am guilty of)
20. Apologizing for being you. (I do this a lot)
Is there something society does that you would like to see go away?
Share in comments below!
Also, THANK YOU for stopping by my little page here. 😉